Friday, April 29, 2011

Fun with Dimensional Bleeding

Hey, gang. B2 here.

So, you're probably wondering if I'm completely nuts about 'the walls breaking.'

The answer's going to take a while, so grab a snack. Basically, the situation with Twiggy being able to pop around almost at will with his dimensional-folding thing is causing dimensional barriers to break down. He's mostly at fault on his own, but Zero's plan with the Solstice made it way worse.

I'm still not allowed to talk about the intricate details of what actually happened because the PTC's got a guy with a gun leveled at my head, but when Twiggy got stabbed, the idea is that time and space sort of warped worse than they already were. Things were already reaching that 'bleeding over into each-other' threshold, but the Solstice kicked it into overdrive.

That's what started the dimensional bleeding in earnest. This probably explains our encounters with Revenants shortly afterwards, and the Conduit we were dealing with during the teleportation experiments. The dimensional bleeding caused us to start interacting with people who weren't inherently from our reality. Reach may have confirmed Revenants don't exist, but that's the thing, they don't exist where Reach is. Conduits in that same reality are called into question, but confirmed to exist in other dimensions. Twiggy's ability is giving rise to some serious distortion in more than just footage on numerous levels of 'oh shit.'

The reason I know about this whole thing is because me and Basroil Squad were present at the site of the Solstice when Zero's plan went down. Nightcrawler was always totally batshit, but I was perfectly fine until dimensions started bleeding over. Information from two versions of me crossed over, and sort of broke my brain-meats over and over again. Then I saw myself, and shit sort of spiraled downward from there.

The reason I originally broke off from the PTC was because I needed to confirm what was going on for myself. Lost on two paths and all that. I was mostly twisted in the brain until one of the two Nightcrawlers we've got floating around out there killed one of me. That sort of fixed it. I still have full memories from both versions, but the two minds aren't interacting anymore. One B2, whole and solid.

The thing is that Twiggy's ability to do his crazy dimensional crap isn't going to be making anything easier for anybody but him. It seems to be worst for the PTC because, simply put, we've been fiddling with the technical aspect of the whole thing and trying to replicate it this entire time, and actually pulled it off with the Path of Black Leaves expedition. Shit's getting worse, and it isn't going to stop unless we put our heads together and start coming up with a way to fix the problem instead of actually killing Twiggy. That won't fix the dimensional bleeding, which should be our number one priority right now.

That's enough out of me, I'm off to play Portal 2 on the Reintegration Tablet.

-B2

8 comments:

  1. Stimulus accepted. Response: The Reintegration Tablet calls ATLAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have in my possession a image file of a book, that proposes a way of stable travel into the path, might also be useful to help stop the dimensional bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's P2 holding up in comparison to the first one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me Maduin. It's great. A couple puzzles are pretty obvious, which makes things a bit too easy for my liking. But the ending and the dialogue is worth it.

    Leon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zero he isn't saying that the you in our universe made it worse. He is saying a version of you from another universe did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has been some dimensional bleeding, and it seems to be centered around the solstice event. Apparently there was a version of yourself in another universe that was successful in injuring the Slender man, and that event reverberated through out the different dimensions causing the bleeding. In their dimension you, and the PTC encountered the Slender man during the Solstice, but you disappeared or were killed after striking the slender man with your sword.

    ReplyDelete